Friday, January 13, 2012

Magazine upload





I finished my education for Interiordesigner quite a while ago, but when I was asked to write an article for Eigen Huis & Interieur (a Dutch interior magazine), I just couldn’t refuse. What a great possibility! I always loved to read this magazine and daydream that someday I would live in a home looking like that! So I collected the info I received from the editor and started reading about the brands the men represented I had to interview.

I interviewed the director of Vibiemme Domobar Netherlands A Dutch manufacturer that makes professional coffee-machines designed for home use.

When I heard I had to interview the SMEG director I got the biggest smile on my face. Don’t know if you know them but they make the most awesome kitchen supplies! Maybe you know those fifties fridges? That’s SMEG!  Watch it here Smeg 50 style.

I also interviewed the director of Subzero-Wolf , a company that sells wine climate cupboards. These cupboards can be used as a storage for wine to get then on the right temperature. 

I also interviewed the director of Viking Range. Viking designs kitchens like you see in a restaurant, but one that you can use at home. Very professional, but useful. Viking started with a design from the first founder of the company. The American married couple Karl inherited a stove, When it didn’t work anymore they tried to find a second one as good as the previous one. When they couldn’t find one mister Karl started drawing and designing one for their own use. Eventually it grew out to a company worldwide. 

As an introduction of the new lay-out of the magazine EH&I made this little movie, really fun to see!





Because I never uploaded the whole article (you can read earlier posts about it) I tried to scan it. They are in Dutch, hopefully you get the picture ;)  




The day it was published I was very nervous. That morning a ran to the local bookshop. I almost JUMPED inside...too bad for me, it wasn’t delivered yet. Somewhat disappointed I walked back home for a cup of coffee. And then I heard a small ‘thump’ on my doormat. And there it was! A lovely pink enveloppe. AND I’m in it!!!







Actually, I never read it. Not like you would think I should do. Once, a few weeks after the publishing date (it was published in October), my mom sat me down with a cup of coffee. She handed me the magazine and disappeared into the kitchen. I scanned the words quickly, and have to say I was a bit relieved. TThey weren’t changed much these, where my words!  :)


For the scanned Dutch version, hope you can read it;







2 comments:

  1. wat leuk dat je echt gepubliceerd bent! leuk stuk XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaa! Zo gek om je naam in een tijdschrift te zien! Hihi!

      Xx

      Delete

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...